2017 Kid's Art Contest
The Omaha Equestrian Foundation (OEF) is pleased to once again host a Kid's Art Contest! Children ages 8-12 are invited to create their best piece of "horsey" art work for the chance to win fabulous prizes and be a part of 2017's largest equine competitions, the prestigious FEI World Cup™ Finals March 29-April 2 at the CenturyLink Center. Omaha competed with several other international cities, such as London and Hong Kong, for the opportunity to host this amazing event. Over 60,000 people from across the globe will visit Omaha and this is a wonderful chance for your students to be involved!
The OEF is looking for a piece of artwork that depicts the theme of horses, horse jumping or dressage, equestrian or the English riding discipline. The contest is open for kids 8-12 years old and only one entry per child is accepted. Please see below for full contest rules. Entry deadline for submissions must be postmarked by February 15th!
Any questions? Contact Jackie at 402-932-4124 or email@example.com.
• Open to children 8-12 years old in Omaha and surrounding areas.
• Only one entry per child will be accepted. Artwork must be the student’s original, hand-drawn creation. Photographs and computer generated artwork will not be accepted.
• The artwork must depict the theme of horses, horse jumping or dressage, equestrian or the English discipline.
• All artwork must be in color on plain white paper. 8.5”x 11” in a vertical format without a frame or border. Any medium is allowed (watercolor, ink pens, crayons, pencil, marker, chalk, pastels, acrylic, etc). Artwork must not exceed a 1/4 inch in thickness.
• No lettering, signatures or initials may appear on the front of the design.
• Winner and winner’s parents/guardians grant exclusive rights to the Omaha Equestrian Foundation and its designees to utilize the artwork for reproduction, promotional purposes and display.
• All submissions must be accompanied by the contest entry form below. Contact information will not be shared without the permission of the winner and the winner’s parents/guardians.
• Original artwork will not be returned.
• Mail to: Omaha Equestrian Foundation, 1004 Farnam Street, Suite 400, Omaha, NE 68102
• Entry deadline for submissions must be postmarked by February 15, 2017.
*Riding lessons at Quail Run Horse Centre will be scheduled at a mutually agreed upon time between winner and instructor
**Visit with the Mounted Patrol to occur at a mutually agreed upon time
Ticket vouchers for Saturday night's Omaha Grand Prix for your immediate family during the week-long FEI World Cup™ Finals
Your artwork on the cover of the 2017 Activity Book
Display of the artwork on the CenturyLink Center Video Board with a public announcement during the Omaha Grand Prix
A gift certificate for a package of two English riding lessons at Quail Run Horse Centre, Elkhorn, NE*
The Omaha Mounted Patrol will host your class at their barn with a special visit to meet their horses, hear the history of the mounted patrol and how they serve the community, watch demonstrations on horse sensory training, and have a group picture with the officers and horses**
Limited edition Omaha '17 eCreamery ice cream for you and your classmates
2016 Payton J. of Dundee Elementary School
2015 Abby G. of Rohwer Elementary School
2014 Promise R. of Oak Valley Elementary School