Omaha’s first World Championship event, the 2017 FEI World Cup™ Finals featuring both the Longines FEI World Cup™ Jumping Final and the FEI World Cup™ Dressage Final where top riders from across the world compete for the title of World Cup champion will take place March 29 - April 2, 2017. Your group will have the unique opportunity of witnessing these magnificent animals and expert riders in action as well as participating in an extensive offering of equine educational exhibits specially designed for elementary and middle school age children to learn about all aspects of the horse.
Field Trip Perks:
* FREE ADMISSION - Field trips available at NO COST.
* FREE ACTIVITY BOOKS - Teachers and group leaders receive an
educational activity book for all participating students in advance to
help prepare students for the field trip.
* FREE BUS TRANSPORTATION - Provided through the generosity
of a donor, schools and organizations will be reimbursed for the cost of
bus transportation up to $140/bus for a 3-hour minimum (Special exceptions may be made with prior authorization). Schools are responsible for booking their own transportation and submitting the invoice after the event to the Omaha Equestrian Foundation.
What can you see and do during your field trip?
Visit and enjoy hands-on learning in the Horse Discovery Zone that includes:
* Gallery of Breeds - A face-to-muzzle experience with horses who are the best representation of their breeds. Learn about their origin, unique personalities and characteristics, purpose for breeding and fun facts.
* Riding Style Museums - An interactive display of tack and clothing teaches the differences between the English, Western and Dressage disciplines.
* Henry Doorly Zoo - An exploration station to investigate and explore the world of the zebra as a relative of the horse through hands-on learning and fun.
* Durham Museum - Learn about the history of settling the West, Omaha founders, Native American history, pioneers and life on the range. Experience a special exhibit on Aksarban racing.
* Omaha Children’s Museum - Enter a world of imagination and delight through one of the museum’s award winning programs.
* Blacksmith Shop - A modern day blacksmith demonstrates this age-old craft. Hands-on opportunities to learn proper techniques on antique tools.
* Wheelwright - Demonstration on the making of buggy wheels and a hands-on display of the equipment used to pull horse buggies.
* The Tack Shop - Touch and feel the wide variety of equipment used to ride and care for horses.
* U.S. Pony Clubs- Hands-on learning stations where you can measure a horse, learn about horse care, nutrition, grooming, safety and tack, anatomy, games, technology and telescoping display.
* Demonstration Arena - Educational demonstrations throughout the day with presentations on styles of riding, Parade of Breeds, vaulting, Pony Club Games, long-lining, grooming, driving and so much more!
* Equimania! - Youth education stations and interactive displays including anatomy, dental, evolution, skeleton in motion, Tree of Life, Digestive tract, nutrition and water, horse behavior and colors, grooming, safety.
* Mini-Jumps - Children can test their jumping skills over the mini jumps
* Warm-Up Arena - Watch the riders and horses warm up their horses before competition!
* Horse Discovery Zone Theater- Watch a video presentation on the evolution of horses, their history and work purpose in Omaha, rules of competition and the event. Ongoing presentations of domestic and international short films and documentaries from the 2016 Equus Film Festival will be showcased for horse enthusiasts as well as a selection of horse related programs.
* FEI World Cup™ competition viewing- Based on availability of competition scheduling